2-15 PREPOSITIONS OF TIME

 

CHAPTER 2

Expressing Present Time (Part 1)

 

2-15 PREPOSITIONS OF TIME

 

 

at

 

(a) We have class at one o’clock.

(b) I have an appointment with the doctor at 3:00.

(c) We sleep at night.

 

at + a specific time on the clock

 

at + night

 

in

 

(d) My birthday is in October.

(e) I was born in 1960.

(f) We have class in the morning.

(g) Bob has class in the afternoon.

(h) I study in the evening,

 

in + specific month

in + specific year

in + the morning

in + the afternoon

in + the evening

 

on

 

(i) I have class on Monday.

(j) I was born on October 31, 1975.

 

on + a specific day of the week

on + a specific date

from ... to

(k) We have class from 1:00 to 2:00.

 

from (a specific time) to (a specific time)

 

 

Exercise:

Complete the sentences with PREPOSITIONS OF TIME.

1.      We have class at ten o’clock.

2.      We have class ___________ ten ___________ eleven.

3.      I have class ___________ the morning.

4.      I work ___________ the afternoon.

5.      I study ___________ the evening.

6.      I sleep ___________ night.

7.      I was born ___________ May.

8.      I was born ___________ 1979.

9.      I was born ___________ May 25.

10.  I was born ___________ May 25, 1979.

 

Komentar